History, culture, class, splendour, nobility and glory have their own meeting point in the grandiose lake Como. And their meeting point is no other than Villa Marchese, a true waterfront mansion located in famous Bellagio. A magnificent property built in 1891 by Marquis Eugenio Besana as his own residence.
In 1920 the estate was acquired by Cav. Ing. Luigi Orlando and till today it is owned by the Orlando family. The four Orlando generations that have lived the house during the last one hundred years have all shared a common passion for culture, style and luxury and their enthusiasm and fascination has led them to the creation of the impressive and unique botanical garden as well as to the creation of many refined collections of art pieces that are now positioned in the various rooms and lounges of the villa. In addition to all that, a two rooms well ordered private museum has been put together and is found on the second floor of the property.
Even-though we are stating the obvious we have to say that Villa Marchese is not just like any other villa. It is an extraordinary retreat suitable for seekers of character and superiority that take joy in staying in homes that are living pieces of history and art while serviced as five star hotels.
The villa is extended over 4 floors and a turret and can welcome and accommodate up to 21 guests in its 10 bedroom spacious suites, while ample spaces for entertaining guests and visitors are available in the interiors and the exteriors of the property.
The swimming pool is magically positioned on its own manicured grounds offering views of lake Como and the mountains across.
As for the lovers of fitness, the owners have made sure that they have placed in a unique spot the right equipment where guests can exercise while sensing and enjoying the exquisiteness of the location.
One of the highlights of this grand villa is the botanical garden that extends over 70.000 square meters.
In terms of services, Villa Marchese comes with its own team and with everything that is offered in a luxury vacation property including daily cleaning and maid service as well as a cook that can prepare the meals for the guests. The cook is specialised in local tastes and delicacies and by no means is a chef.
Villa Marchese can be reached by car or by boat. A private garage is available for the guests while taxi boats can also service their needs. The center of Bellagio is only 10 minutes walk away. And the airports of Milano or Lugano are no more than 90 minutes drive away.
- Drawing Room
- Formal Living Area with Piano
- Formal Dining Room
- TV Room
- Card Room
- Home office with Bar
- An Oak Library with more than thirty thousand rare and antique books
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Chill-Out Areas
- Bedroom 1: One King Size Bed with en-suite Bath and Shower
- Bedroom 2: One King Size Bed with en-suite Bath and Shower
- Bedroom 3: One King Size Bed with en-suite Bathroom with Shower
- Bedroom 4: One King Size Bed or Two Single Beds with en-suite Bathroom with Shower
- Bedroom 5: One King Size Bed or Two Single Beds with en-suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 6: One King Size Bed or Two Single Beds with en-suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 7: One King Size Bed or Two Single Beds with en-suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 8: One King Size Bed or Two Single Beds with en-suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 9: One King Size Bed or Two Single Beds with en-suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 10: 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds with en-suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 11: A Single Room with en-suite Bathroom
- Lake Front Property
- Spacious Mature Gardens
- Heated Outdoor Private Pool
- Sun-beds and Umbrellas by the Pool
- Terraces and Chill-Out Areas
- Free Wi-Fi
- Table Tennis
- Fitness Area
- Luxury Toiletries for the Guests
- Espresso Coffee Machine, Ice Machine, Dishwasher, Dryer, Washing Machine
- Family Cook Specialised in Italian Cuisine
- Welcome Hamper with Initial Supplies
- Luxury Toiletries for the Guests
- Rooms and House Cleaning
- Pool & Garden Care
- Grocery Shopping
- Concierge Assistance
A La Carte
- Private and Semi Private Cruises & Excursions
- Arrival & Departure Transfers
- Special Decorations
- Laundry Services
- Bellagio: 1.7 km
- Linate Airport: 75 km
- Malpensa Airport: 85 km
- Lugano Airport: 63 km
- Como Train Station: 30 km
- Bars, Restaurants, Shops: 5 km
- St. Moritz: 133 km
- Maximum 21 Guests
- Check-in: 15:00hrs
- Check-Out: 10:00hrs
- Pets are not allowed
- Children are welcome